Monday, April 14, 2014

The Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all...

My heart aches for those who divorced and remarried. My heart aches for the many who kept their vow to God and who painfully wait for their prodigal spouse to return. My heart aches for those who repented of their adulterous marriage, yet they suffer the consequences of that union. My heart aches for the spouse who lives in constant fear of an abusive spouse. My heart aches for the children who never wanted daddy and mommy to divorce. My heart aches ...What will make the pain go away?

Yet, I know that nothing can compare to the heart ache of the One who paid it all so that we may live...the One who suffered and died on a cross...the One who said...Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?...My God, My God, Why have You forsaken me?....and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Isaiah 53:3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.


In Christ's love.

Neil

No comments: